Hello! I'm Kathy Wilk, a fifth grade teacher here at Harris Hill. I had three wonderful years as I started as a third grade teacher at St. Amelia's School in the Town of Tonawanda and have been fortunate to work with the families of Harris Hill since 1992.
I earned my undergraduate degree in Elementary Education from SUNY Geneseo and received my Masters in Education with a concentration in Reading from Buffalo State College.
Some interesting facts about me and a few of my favorite things:
* I'm a wife, and also a proud mother of two wonderful daughters, Shannon and Jessica
* My family lives in East Amherst, but we spend a lot of time traveling, or at Sherkston Beaches during the summer months--.
* I'm an avid BUFFALO fan--GO Sabres,Bills,Bandits,Bulls,Bisons!
* I listen and dance to all types of music, but Genesis is my all-time favorite group
* FALL is my favorite season and green is my favorite color
* My favorite dog is a dachshund--I had two while growing up!
* I love Disney World and Anderson's pistachio ice cream
* My favorite store (since I was little!) has been Pier 1---It made me imagine all the places I could go!
* I love teaching, but also enjoy reading, coloring, doodling, photography, scrapbooking, laughing, and spending time with my family and friends