National Art Honor Society consists of sophomores, juniors, and seniors, who are focusing their artistic ability in all areas of art. Students from Drawing and Painting, AP Drawing, Photography, Video, Printmaking, and Sculpture are members and bring their own voice to the group. Students are required to have a GPA above an 85%, a GPA in art above a 92%, submit a small portfolio and write an essay about the role art plays in their life. Each application is then reviewed by a panel of educators for acceptance. NAHS has many plans for this year and the upcoming years that may include supporting school and community art shows, studio-based workshops, helping with scholarship opportunities, building portfolios, and a variety of other events.
The National Art Honor Society
Clarence High School
NAHS program specifically for high school students grades 10-12, for the purpose of inspiring and recognizing those students who have shown an outstanding ability in art. The NAHS also strives to aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in art areas, and to bring art education to the attention of the school and community.
1. Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit in the pursuit of art.
2. Further the creative abilities and talents of the Society’s members as well as the school’s entire student art enrollment.
3. Aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in an art area.
4. Inspire and recognize those students who have shown outstanding ability in art.
5. Increase an awareness of art in relation to other areas of the school curriculum.
6. Bring art to the attention of the school and community.
7. Further artistic awareness in all aspects of the school’s total program.
National Art Honor Society Web Site
National Art Education Web Site
Club Advisors: Mr. George Gilham