Welcome to the Advisory Board Web PageOur Purpose
The Advisory Board will function in an advisory capacity to the Clarence High School Academy of Business and Finance program which is a member of the NAF. The Advisory Board makes recommendations regarding the expansion of the Academy programs, number of students in the program, curriculum, teacher training and budget. The Advisory board also assists with raising funds, recruiting students, securing internships, and scholarships, and providing in-kind contributions to the Clarence High School Academy of Business and Finance program.
The primary objective of the Advisory Board is to support the following goals and policies of the Clarence High School Academy of Business and Finance program:
Board of Directors
- Preparing high school students through course work and related experiential education for success in higher education, their careers and in life.
- Providing paid internships for Academy students.
- Providing training and professional development opportunities for teachers.
- Providing and soliciting assistance from the business community in funding the Academy program.
- Enlisting the expertise of individuals in the industry to assist with the development and evaluation of curriculum, student selection, scholarships and internships.
- Advocating on behalf of the Academy.
Mr. Rich Pfentner, President
Dopkins & Company
Mrs. Suzanne Davidson, Vice President
Bank of Akron
Mr. Michael Alessandra, Treasurer
Christine Schwartz, Secretary
Niagara UniversityAcademy DirectorMrs. Heather Hartmann