Ideas for helping children learn sight words
- Work on 5-7 new words each week.
- Practice reading the words daily.
- Provide practice writing and spelling.
- Use magnetic letters on old cookie sheets.
- Practice forming the words using ABC pretzels.
- Create a word bank: write words on index cards and store them in a file card box.
- Paint words on paper.
- Cut the words out of magazines and make a collage.
- Develop a word wall using post-it notes.
- Write words using sidewalk chalk.
- Make a "Memory" game with the words.
- Play bingo with sight words