Our Rules For The Internet
Kids rules for online safety.
Since there's no way to childproof the Internet, it is a good idea to have some rules for use, then keep them posted near the computer where they can be referred to easily. Below is a possible list of rules.
1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parents’ permission
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.
4. I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
5. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the service provider.
6. I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission
7. I will not give out my Internet password to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents
8. I will be a good online citizen and not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
9. I will learn and have fun while being safe and sensible!