6th Grade Engineering Technology
In the 6th grade Engineering Technology course we will be studying within the Project Lead the Way Automation and Robotics unit. In this unit, students will trace the history, development, and influence of automation and robotics as they learn about mechanical systems, energy transfer, machine automation, and computer control systems. Students will be using the VEX Robotics platform to design, build, and program real-world objects such as traffic lights, toll booths, and robotic arms. You never know what our robots will be capable of doing.
For more information about Project Lead the Way, please visit: https://www.pltw.org
Missing work policy:
- Refer to website for times students may come in outside of class time to work.
- Work from home to complete missing assignments. Access your school account and software from home with VDI (instructions are on the homepage of my website.)
- Missing assignments will receive a grade of a ZERO if they are not turned in on time. The grade will change once the assignment has been handed in (late fees do apply.)
- Check Schoology first to see if something was handed in, the grading rubric, and for comments on assignments.
- For all work that is 5 points and above, a late fee of 1 point per day (not per class period) will be taken from the total points of the assignment.
- For work less than 5 points, a zero will be given for all missing work/assignments. No late fees will be given.
If you are looking to catch up on your programming work from home, you may download a free trial version of RobotC at the following website: http://www.robotc.net/download/vexrobotics/
You will also find tutorials to help boost your programming skills here: http://www.robotc.net/NaturalLanguage/
Not all students/faculty & staff are able to access their H from home using the Remote Desktop connection. Sometimes using your Google Drive or a USB storage device is the best way to bring computer work home from school.