This is a two-week assignment:
Assigned: Monday, May 4th
Due: Friday, May 15th
Click on the link below and/or the same link from our Social Studies link on our Balthasar Teacher Web Page.
1. Click on link above (or off of our Social Studies link).
2. Have a piece of lined paper out with your heading (name, date, due date of May 15th, number, heading "Canadian Provinces/Territories"),
3. Take time over the next two weeks reading about and studying about the ten (10) provinces and three (3) territories of Canada.
4. As you watch read over the site, jot down EACH province and EACH territory name. After each, jot down two facts about EACH.
5. OPTIONAL: you may choose to draw the flag for EACH (labeled)
6. Place a large STAR next to the one (1) province or one (1) territory that caught your attention; the one (1) place you might wish to visit or live.
7. Please ask mom/dad to email your lined completed papers to me by Friday, May 15th.
(Also, please go to our Balthasar Teacher Web Page Social Studies link to play interactive games that will help you learn where each province and territory of Canada are located). CHALLENGE yourself; have fun!
OPTIONAL - filling in a map for yourself: Also, as you watch this video of the Canadian provinces and territories, you may wish to take some time to fill in the blank map for yourself (you will have to print out). You do not have to email me this completed map!