Arrival, Morning Meeting
- Students will arrive, begin morning work at seats, and join us for our morning meeting at the carpet where we will participate in songs, poems, morning messages and calendar.
- Throughout the year we work to build various reading strategies to support comprehension skills. We work as a whole group, break into independent time, and come together to share.
- Each day please pack with your child a nut free snack in a separate bag from their lunch. The snack may also include a drink.
- Students will rotate through various stations supporting the development of their literacy skills. These stations consist of independent work, work with an aide/small group, and guided reading.
- Throughout the year we will learn various genres of writing including narrative, informative, and opinion. Students will continuously work to build handwriting skills, form letters, sound out words, form sentences and expand on detail.
- Extra physical education provided once a week for 30 minutes.
- Art (Monday), PE (Tuesday), Music (Wednesday), PE (Thursday), Library (Friday)
- If your child is buying lunch and bringing money, please label money in a small baggie or envelope.
- Students will begin to compare, contrast and classify sounds and words. Phonics lessons are gathered at the carpet during whole group lessons, students have time to work independently or in small groups, and come back together to share learning.
- We will explore many themes throughout the year as students participate in shared reading, creating projects and crafts, read alouds and creative writing.
- Students will work with many tools and manipulatives to enhance their math experience while gathering number sense.
- Each day students will have indoor or outdoor recess with opportunities to choose activities. Please have your child wear appropriate footwear each day.
- If you are picking up your child at the end of the day, please send a note in the beginning of the school day.