TEACHER: Mrs. Melissa KincellaPHONE: 716-407-9275EMAIL: email@example.com
About the Teacher:
Third grade is a year of new and exciting experiences! My name is Melissa Kincella and I will be your child's third grade teacher this year. Students will engage in activities that promote independence, responsibility and cooperation. Join me as we explore and discover the wonders of third grade!
**Third Grade School Closure Information** (March 2020)
Dear Third Grade Families,
I hope you are all doing well considering the current situation. First and foremost, I would like you to know that you are in my thoughts, and I am here to support you in any way that you may need. I understand this is a stressful time and would like to help make this situation as successful and simple as possible for everyone.
This page will be another resource for you to use during the school closure.
- Students and Parents will receive a weekly email from me on Mondays. These emails will include updates, information and additional resources.
- On Friday, March 13 your son/daughter brought home a packet of materials that our Third Grade Team put together in anticipation of an extended school closing.
- Review packets were sent home with your child for reading, writing, and math. Answer keys and a calendar outline were also sent home as a resource for parents.
- Our hope is that days 1-15 could be completed by Thursday, April 9th.
- At this time there is no new information which will need to be taught by you. We are hoping to have the students maintain the skills taught to them prior to this unique situation.
- Our expectation at this time is simply that your child does the best he or she can with assignments and activities that were provided.
- Continued practice of math facts (Reflex or flashcards) and reading are beneficial for your child and are activities they are able to do independently.
- Online resources (Reflex, IXL, EPIC, Lexia…) may be accessed through SYMBALOO (under student resources) on the Ledgeview page.
- Per the Superintendent's letter, if you need a Chromebook for your third grader please send an email to Mr. Kuwik. He will forward your request to the technology department. The technology department will coordinate the pickup of your device, since Ledgeview Elementary is now closed.
- We believe that social and emotional health, as well as physical health, needs to be the top priority for our students. Our school counselors and psychologists have virtual office hours for connecting with students. Please let us know if your child or family needs assistance. Resources for families are also posted on the homepage of the Clarence Schools Website.
I am here to support you and your child, via email, anytime you feel the need or are looking for assistance. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to me using the email listed below.
Please contact me via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping everyone in my thoughts,