The Athletic Placement Process is a testing procedure to ensure that 7th and 8th-grade students who want to try out for a freshman, junior varsity or varsity sport are at the physical, emotional and academic maturity level required of higher-level competition. This process is not required for Bowling or Golf.
This process is meant for exceptional athletes who require a more competitive level for their growth as a student-athlete. Their academic and emotional readiness is a significant factor in this process.
The APP test for the fall will be determined at a later date.
1. Register on the website to begin the process (see link below)
2. Parent/Guardian Permission - See forms below must be filled out and brought to the athletic office.
3. Medical Clearance - This is determined by the district medical director. This is required before the student-athlete is allowed to take the fitness test. Once the school is notified of the request to try out, the school will notify the medical director using the physical on file at the middle school.
3. Administrative approval - The Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics will seek approval from middle school administrators regarding the student-athletes emotional and academic readiness
5. Physical Fitness Test - Student-Athletes must pass 4 out of the 5 required test. The test cannot be taken without medical clearance and the parent permission slip.
6. Qualification Determination is made by the Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics - if a student-athlete qualifies they may try out
7. Tryout for Sport if they are determined eligible.
8. Records - are kept by the Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics
9. Notification - a notification is sent to the league and other schools all students that will be playing up.
----MUST COMPLETE the permission slip below and register by TBD-------
The registration form will close on the TBD to allow time to secure District Physician approval.
Please click on this link to download the Parent Permission
Please return to the Athletic Office Prior to the fitness test.
To register for the Test Please click here:
For all the details click on the link below