TEACHER: Ms. Michele KienerPHONE: 716-407-9250 ext. 5211EMAIL: email@example.com
About Ms. Kiener:
I am the proud mom of two children that I am crazy about! My son, Nicholas, and my daughter, Bridget,are both graduates of Duquesne University and living in Pittsburgh. It seems like only yesterday that I put them on the kindergarten bus!
I have been fortunate to have had most of my 18 years teaching experience in Clarence. In addition to teaching third grade, I have taught kindergarten, first grade, fourth grade, fifth grade, special education and ENL students. So, you can see that I enjoy teaching children of all ages! I look forward to working with the exciting curriculum in third grade!
I am a life-long student! I have a Master of Science Degree in Student Personnel Administration, and a Master of Science Degree in Education....neither of which can compare to all that your children teach me daily!
My door is always open! Please feel free to contact me with any of your questions or concerns!
Please visit my SCHOOLOGY page for updated resources and information: https://clarence.schoology.com/course/5231535765/materials:Welcome to Third GradeThird grade is an exciting year!
Our classroom is a very busy place and centers around a great deal of interactive learning experiences.
This year your son or daughter will make many new friends; read multiple genres of literature; explore different governments, geography, economics and cultures. In science we will navigate simple machines and structures, and learn about climate and weather and wolves.
This is an ever-changing website, so visit often to look for new information and changes!
I look forward to seeing your child learn, grow, and thrive this year!
Ms. Michele Kiener
Below are the highlights of the Third Grade Curriculum:Mathematics
- Develop greater familiarity with numbers and their value
- Demonstrate mastery of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts
- Explore and study time, measurement, estimation, geometry and fractions
- Develop problem solving skills
- Communicate problem solving strategies orally and in writing
Our goal is to prepare our students for the adventure of lifelong reading and writing. Ways we immerse our students in reader's workshop are:
- Expose students to different reading genres through the readers workshop format
- Learn various skills and strategies to help improve our reading
- Assist students in developing personal reading goals
- Encouraging greater reading independence and accountability
- Utilize a variety of reading materials to help students gain a greater understanding of subject content
Science and Health Curriculum
- Consume, critique, and produce a variety of writing genres including personal narratives, informational pieces, opinion writing, poetry, and fairy tales
- Use proper grammar, spelling, and writing conventions
- Develop voice and author's crafts based on mentor texts
- Explore concepts related to systems and simple machines
- Climate and weather systems
Social Studies Curriculum
- Geography-maps and globes skills; Continents and oceans of the world
- Discover different world cultures, governments, economies: United States; China; Brazil
- Work with word patterns
- Apply spelling strategies to written work