Universal Prekindergarten Program
Universal Pre-kindergarten (UPK) is a New York State funded program specifically designed for four-year-olds not eligible for kindergarten.UPK is a developmentally appropriate, learner-centered educational program to help four-year-olds develop physically, socially, emotionally, linguistically, culturally, and intellectually. The program has a strong emphasis on early literacy and early numeracy to help prepare children for kindergarten.Basic eligibility requirements:
- must be a Clarence School District resident
- child must be 4 years old by December 1 of the school year
2019-20 School YearThe application for the 2019 school year is availableuntil March 29, 2019 at 4:00 pm
- The lottery selection is Monday, April 1 at 9:00 am at the District Office.
- You will receive lottery results via US mail by Friday, April 5.
- Your response, if offered placement, is due by Thursday, April 18.
2018-19 School Year
If you have children who were eligible for Pre-k in the current school year and you wish to add them to our waitlist for the rest of the year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.Child Name:DOB:Address:Parent/Guardian name(s):Best contact number: