Directions for Water Cycle Activity 4/20/20 -
- Click on “Schools” – select “Ledgeview”
- Click “Academic” tab – select “Teacher Web Pages” – select “Balthasar, Suzanne”
- Click on “Links”
- Click on “Science”
- This Water Cycle Activity is the first link.
- The Water Cycle Activity directions are below, on the site, and on my
Balthasar Weekly Assignment page to the left of Balthasar Teacher Web Page.
- After reading the directions, click on the site. Click on "Play Video" to the left; an intro video will play - about 28 seconds.
- Click red X when done (upper right of this intro video).
- Click the first rectangle under the dog to the right - The Water Cycle Activity to play/learn.
IMPORTANT to know what the words mean since this site does not fully tell you what
each word means. Use these definitions while you "play" the Water Cycle Activity
transpires: passes to form excrete: pass; discharge
consume: drink respire: released
percolate: drains evaporate: loses moisture
11. When you click, hold and drag a word from the word box over an arrow,
release and the computer will buzz at you to tell you incorrect or a girl will read the
word and definition - this means you have that word/arrow correct!
HINT: the word "respiration" DOES work - position the word to the left of the item.
12. After you have the water cycle labeled, a congratulations box will appear. You may just click exit at the bottom left.
13. Test yourself by clicking the rectangle labeled "What Did I Learn?" - five questions.
14. When done with this Water Cycle Activity - explore the rest of the site. There are pages for parents to print out if they
wish in the Science Notebook rectangle (you might wish to look up these words on www.dictionary.com).
15. You may wish to play a couple of times to learn the water cycle vocabulary😊